What is the Special Investment Plan?
- Financial security: The cover offers financial security in old age for both the assured individual and his/her family.
- Partial withdrawals: Partial withdrawals of up to 50% of the total monthly contributions may be made once in a year as long as the policy has been in force for 2 years.
- Death cover: In the event of the death of the policyholder, their beneficiary will be paid either the death cover or the policyholder’s monthly contribution depending on which has the higher value.
This insurance product is a savings policy geared towards retirement that also provides a sum assured of a maximum of 120 times of the monthly premium which is payable on death if the accumulated fund is less than the sum assured to a maximum of GH₵ 10,000.
- The minimum term of the policy is 2 years and it is determined by the policyholder subject to the minimum term and maximum cease age of 50, 55, 60, or 65 years.
- This product has been specifically designed for Ghana. It is free from all restrictions with regards to foreign travel, occupation, and residence unless otherwise stated.
- The contract ceases at the end of the term and a maturity benefit is payable. The benefit payable is the accumulated fund value at maturity. Premiums due and premium collection will cease at maturity and the customer will be informed before the maturity date that the maturity benefit will be available. Any premium paid after the maturity date will be refunded.
- The policyholder can surrender the policy at any time after 24 months of full premium payments and 24 full months have elapsed since policy inception. A 2% charge on the accumulated fund will apply should you chose to surrender it.